If you’re considering buying a plot of land or developing a property, understanding its value from the outset is a wise investment and means you’ll avoid costly mistakes.
We recommend that all our clients start their project with an in-depth desktop feasibility study. At all times, we will give you an impartial and honest judgement – advising you on the best strategy and letting you know if we don’t think that the project is worth pursuing. In many cases, we’ll identify problems with a site that looks like a ‘safe bet’ or identify opportunities for further increasing value.
From instruction, your Feasibility Study can normally be completed within a few working days (rather than the weeks it will take the Local Authority to return pre-application advice) and our commercially minded planners could unlock serious potential.
Your Feasibility Study would include a review of:
- The site’s context and the local area;
- The site’s planning history;
- The relevant local and national planning policy;
- The principle of development;
- Any major material considerations;
- Any site-specific constraints;
- Relevant precedent examples and case law;
- Potential opportunities and likelihood of success;
- Strategy for the next stages